

What's with all the peanut butter you ask? Well if you know me or Aaron you know that we love that scrumptious stuff. I mean really love it. Between us we can finish a jar in one day. No I'm not exaggerating. Well it was our date night last night and we decided to find out which brand of peanut butter we liked the best. So after a quick trip to Fry's we came up with 7 options, which we split into 2 categories: natural and regular. And we didn't just try them all and decide we did this the right way .... blind taste test. I cut up a piece of paper and assigned each brand a letter. Then I cut even smaller pieces of paper and wrapped them around the spoon holding that specific brand's letter (I would have taken a picture of this as well but my very clean husband threw them away). What about cleansing the palate you ask? You are just full of good questions today, well being the purist we are we took a long drink of milk between each test. We drank about half a gallon for this little experiment in case you were wondering. After this extensive and rather delicious experiment we came up with these results
- Natural: Kroger won out over Laura Scudders (both of these need to be refrigerated so they don't separate just thought you might want to know)
- Reason: Scudder's was waaaaay to grainy for my taste, I want a smoother consistency
- Regular: Jiff or Skippy Natural. We didn't put Skippy Natural in the Natural category because unlike the other naturals it doesn't need to be refrigerated.
- Reason: both of these had a very smooth consistency as well as a rich peanut taste. Also it lacked the weird sort of burnt taste of Peter Pan. Yeah it was kinda gross after the goodness of others.
And so ended our research of that versatile, high protein wonder food, peanut butter.